Car loads of questions...&stuff


We moved flat in November - which meant that October and November were chock-a-blocked with packing, moving and unpacking. And as if moving flat wasn't enough, I moved studio at the same time because there's enough space in our new place to set up there.

What bothered me was the shift of things - 'the stuff' - and how I'd managed to collect such a sizable amount of it. Between paintings, art materials, books, collected objects, clothes, some furniture, computers, etc, etc.

The move also left me thinking about the compatability of art making and travel - making and not accumulating - selling and not selling - crisis - place - life - home. A few  car loads of junk and you think about these things!  Time passing, plans, direction, stuff, more stuff.
Each load filled with questions.


I've taken some ceramic classes over the past couple of months. I wanted to play with another media and Marian, my teacher, has been really flexible with our timetable. So, despite been busy with the move and a school project (building a giant eagle with students), I managed to learn some new tecniques..and make some more 'stuff'!

Comments

Popular Posts