Hasta el 27 de febrero en la Sala Foro Beta Cívica



A big thanks to everyone for coming on Wednesday night and especially to Irina Petronov, who presented my work and officially opened the exhibition...and an even bigger thanks to Marta Del Pozo for "putting us in contact"!!!

The exhibition will be there until the 27th of February, so if you weren't able to come on Wednesday or if you'd like to visit again, please drop by during the month.





Press

Andalucía TU cultura
ABC de Sevilla
page 2 in 20minutos
Eventos BETA
Guia del ocio
Sevilla Guia



Sea of Air


Sala Foro Beta Cívica

Del 6 al 27 de febrero 2013


“My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring,
And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze;
For, above, and around me, the wild wind is roaring
Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.”

Anne Bronte, My soul is Awakened

Para la exposición en Sala Foro Beta Cívica he seleccionado dibujos nuevos, cuadros y una muestra de trabajos que hice en Japón durante agosto de 2012

Sea of Air – Mar de Aire es el titulo de una serie en la que estoy trabajando actualmente (y las obras 12-18, 21 y 28 forman parte de este tema). Estos dibujos relacionan el paisaje y el viento que se mueve por él con la respiración y el pulso.

Actualmente me siento atraída por los ciclos y la idea de permanecer inmóvil y sólida cuando todo cambia y se mueve a tu alrededor. Me interesa el concepto de tomar conciencia de un lugar y de uno mismo, una sensibilidad intensificada hacia eso que nos rodea y se mueve y persiste en el aire. Con esto imagino los sueños, energía y recuerdos dejándose llevar arrastrados por ráfagas de viento

Tambien, expongo una muestra de lo que hice en agosto de 2012, en Nara, Japón (las obras 1 – 11). Durante mi estancia en “Headspace”, trabajando en un programa como artista residente, exploré los alrededores, el medio rural y la fauna – montañas, el bosque, los sonidos de la naturaleza, tormentas tropicales, condiciones meteorológicas y patrones naturales. Hice dibujos, cuadros y varias piezas tridimensionales que mostré en la exposición al final del programa

For this exhition in Sala Foro Beta Cívica I have selected new drawings, paintings and an example of the work I made in Japan during August 2012.

____________________________________

Sea of Air is the title of a series that I am currently developing (works numbered 12-18, 21 y 28 are part of this project). These drawings compare the landscape and wind that moves through it, to breathing and a pulse.

At the moment, I'm drawn to cycles and the idea of being still or solid while everything is moving and changing around you and being aware of place and of self - a heightened sensitivity to the surroundings and all that lingers and moves in the air. With this, I imagine dreams, energy and memories being swept up and blown away in the wind.

I’m also showing a sample of the work I made in Japan last August 2012 (works numbered 1 - 11). During my time at Headspace Artist Residency in Nara, I explored the residency's rural environment and wildlife: the mountains, the forest, the noises of nature, tropical storms and weather conditions, and natural patterns. I made drawings, paintings and several 3dimensional pieces that I showed in my exhibition at the end of my residency.

Comments

Popular Posts