Process

The highs and lows




Wednesday


I worked on this drawing for hours this morning before I decided to block in some areas with colour




This didn't work out like I imagined and before long I had put a white wash over the whole piece and everything faded away.


I pulled out some of the lines from the initial drawing using paint and a brush and then I called it a day.



I left the studio today feeling frustrated because I had overworked the piece into a pasty mush.

Friday


I was in two minds about leaving it aside and starting something new. But I decided to continue the piece. There was a problem to solve and that always makes an interesting starting point. I had nothing to loose so I continued with brushes




I started this piece with the idea of confining the drawing to the centre of the page. But, with gestural strokes, it started growing and expanding beyond the circle I had drawn








I left the studio today feeling satisfied and excited about how the piece had developed and changed



Comments

Popular Posts