COLOUR and sienna clay




My paintings are influenced by the places where I walk and how the colours change throughout the day as light and shade affect the landscape and how they are affected seasonly  by climate.

At the moment, I am facinated by the river cliffs. Their sienna-burnt sienna soil sets beatifully against the vibrant greens of everything that grows along the river bed and above the cliffs









Memories of the colours, collected natural objects, if I work from s photograph and make a colour study..I would use that when making actual paining..not working directly from photo because I get caught up in the details and less in what I'm trying to express. 


Home - nostalgic, childhood, 

Colour combinations in design, textiles, ceramic, 

Through making and refining particular elements of the painting, I seek/the painting needs another opposite/complimentary colour to set off or balance out the previous coulur.

Layer up 

Counteracting each other.rhytms




Comments

Popular Posts