Pattern as infinity

Tatami drawing

A repetitive line. A mark that goes on and on..and on.
A frenzy. A chaotic mush of the same.
Over and over again. What a beautiful mess.

When every single element's individually rendered; carefully repeated to make a complex whole.

The thing I love most about pattern is that it could continue forever, if it weren't bound within the limits of a composition. It could spread out infinitely..and in every direction. A section of something bigger

I impulsively use organic and disorderly patterns to describe chaos, movement and expansion. I'm naturally drawn to the reproduction of microorganisms and the repetitions and fractal patterns in nature. I find comfort in these boundless structures because they help me connect parts of the planet and describe life.



Comments

Popular Posts