Keep on going


Fears and moving forward with this painting

I desperately wanted to make a painting that was relative to my body scale - where the limit of the painting reflected how far my arm reached out from the central point. But I made excuses about not having enough time in the studio

While talking to friends, I realised that I was afraid of not finishing it. I feared starting with enthusiasm and then loosing it because of covid lockdowns or homeschooling or the likes. 

Once I recognised my fear and saw what was holding me back from starting, it seemed clear that I needed to go for it and try to make it happen. 

I'm working hard to get into the studio and Joaquin is being as supportive as ever. I am pushing myself because I don't want to loose the energy and focus. It is moving forward, but large work reallytakes a lot of time and I would happily spend night and day in the studio if I didn't have other responsibilities. However, from experience (pre-motherhood), I know that spending long hours working wasn't the best solution and that I can be very productive during limited time slots. It helps me focus and I take more risks. 

I want to keep this work moving forward.









    • Comments

      Popular Posts