Studio Work in Progress



Saturday


Very pleased and thankful that I got to spend time in the studio this weekend. I continued to work on this piece and got stuck into another that I started a while back. 



I have been building up painted layers and letting the shapes and forms emerge








Sunday

 I needed to bring this central part back to a lighter base so I can build up the layers again. With this block layer, I defined certain shapes that were beginning to emerge.

 

Building up layers and letting the shapes and forms emerge.
 
I go from energetic clarity to being frightened.. wondering if I really should have painted over that whole section of the painting.
-
Deciding what's needed next and then going for it. Taking the risk and then deciding if it worked or not. 

I say to myself..now I've something new to deal with or It's moving in the right direction. And take a break.

Although I planned this composition and I'm working from some smaller studies I did last year,  it's completely different )large scale. It's exciting and challenging and I absolutely love this process. 

-
I just began to work this peach-pink colour into the painting before I finished for the day

Comments

Popular Posts